Thursday, June 5, 2014

Daphine Polish:His Dark Materials Collection

Hello and Welcome!!

Today I have a beautiful collection made by Daphine Polish.This collection is called 'His Dark Materials" and was inspired by one of Joanne's favorite book trilogies:His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman.You might be familiar with the movie Golden Compass which from the information Joanne gave me was based on the first book of the trilogy.Regretfully I have not read the books or movies but I'm totally inspired after reading all this info on this collection.
There will be quotes from the book in my review to give you a better perception on how each polish was inspired.The His Dark Materials collection will be available June 6th.Lets take a look below at this wonderful collection.

'Knife Bearer'
This is a blackened olive green jelly with strong red shimmer and a touch of scattered holographic effect inspired by Will Parry.

“‘Now,’ said Giacomo Paradisi, ‘here you are, take the knife, it is yours.’
‘I don’t want it,’ said Will. ‘I don’t want anything to do with it.’
‘You haven’t got the choice,’ said the old man. ‘You are the bearer now.’” The Subtle Knife

I applied 3 light coats without a top coat.This polish is stunning.It's amazingly glossy on its own and applied super smooth.This color is one of my favorites in this collection.I think this polish would look awesome as a galaxy mani.
'Gyptian Longboat'
This A dusty purple with gold and green micro-flakie shimmer.
It is inspired by Ma Costa, the leader of a gyptian family, who was Lyra’s nurse as an infant. She and other gypitans have been  secretly watching out for Lyra on behalf of the king of the gyptians, John Faa.

“In the long narrow cabin, by the light of a lantern on a hook, she saw a stout powerful woman with gray hair, sitting at a table with a paper.” The Golden Compass

I applied 2 light coats and a top coat.This color is another one of my favorites in this collection.This purple shade is stunning and those gold and green micro-flakie shimmer is the perfect touch.
'Sky Armor'
This is a lovely sky blue shimmering base with blue micro-flakies is inspired by Iorek Byrnison, the armored bear.

“‘My armor is made of sky iron, made for me. A bear’s armor is his soul, just as your dæmon is your soul. You might as well take him away’ — indicating Pantalaimon — ‘and replace him with a doll full of sawdust. That is the difference.” The Golden Compass

I applied 3 light coats and a top coat.This is another one of my favorites.
'Cloud Pine'
This is a taupe light brown shimmer with blue, green, and purple iridescent glitters. Inspired by Serafina Pekkala.

“Up! Into midair Lyra and Roger were caught and swept, and found themselves clinging with weakening fingers to a cloud-pine branch, where a young witch was sitting tense with balanced grace…” The Golden Compass

I applied 3 light coats with no top coat.Why I didn't use a top coat,I have no idea. This color definitely needs a top coat applied.Next time,Next time!
'Texas Aeronaut'
This is a red-leaning orange with strong gold micro-flakie shimmer, inspired by Lee Scoresby.

“[Lyra] looked at this newcomer with surprise. He was a tall, lean man with a thin black moustache and narrow blue eyes, and a perpetual expression of distant and sardonic amusement. She felt strongly about him at once, but she wasn’t sure whether it was liking she felt, or dislike. His dæmon was a shabby hare as thin and tough-looking as he was.” The Golden Compass

I applied 2 light coats ans a top coat.I love how it's packed with gold shimmer.It's beautiful!
'Dust'
This is a light yellow-gold shimmer with a touch of scattered holographic effect.

“‘What is this Dust?’
‘It comes from the sky. Some say it has always been there, some say it is newly falling. What is certain is that when people become aware of it, a great fear comes over them, and they’ll stop at nothing to discover what it is.’” The Golden Compass

I applied 2 light coats but a third coat may be needed.It really just depends on how opaque you like your finishes to look.This polish is sheer with a subtle holo sparkle.I also used a top coat.Yellows are pretty but they just don't look good on me:(
'Cittàgazze'
This is a  glitter topper in a clear base is inspired by the city of Cittàgazze in The Subtle Knife and the colors of the Italian Mediterranean. This topper has a mixture of 15 beautiful colored glitters.

“...these were tall palms, and they were growing, like the trees in Oxford, in a row along the grass. But this was the center of a broad boulevard, and at the side of the boulevard was a line of cafes and small shops, all brightly lit, all open, and all utterly silent and empty beneath a sky thick with stars. The hot night was laden with the scent of flowers and with the salt smell of the sea.” The Subtle Knife

I applied 1 coat of Cittàgazze over 3 coats of Cloud Pine followed by one application of my favorite top coat.
'Silvertongue'
This is a silver-blue polish with scattered holo is inspired by Lyra Belacqua.

‘You tricked Iofur Raknison?’
‘Yes. I made him agree that he’d fight you instead of just killing you straight off like an outcast, and the winner would be king of the bears. I had to do that because—’
‘Belacqua? No. You are Lyra Silvertongue,’ he said.” The Golden Compass

I applied 2 light coats and a top coat.It's a beautiful shade of silver with a subtle holo shimmer.

These collections that Joanne creates always seem to blow me away! I have no idea how she creates these collections that have so many amazing colors!Creative she is indeed!
My favorites in this collection are......Knife Bearer,Gyptian Longboat,Sky Armor and Cittàgazze.What shades are your favorites?

This collection will be released June 6th.For more information on this collection and future releases and giveaways be sure to follow Daphine Polish on all of her social media sites.I will list the links for you below.


Thanks for Reading!!
Y'all Come Back!!
XOXO!



















2 comments: