Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Literary Lacquers/The Ultimate Outlaw Collection

Hello and Welcome!!
Today I have a Beautiful collection to show you by Literary Lacquers. This collection is called The Ultimate Outlaw Collection, inspired by literary outlaws and rebels. This collection launches March 26th at 9am MST. This collection consists of 8 polishes. It has a mixture of holographic polishes and shimmers.The Ultimate Outlaw collection is absolutely flawless. Lets take a look below.
"And So I Step Up"
And So I Step Up is inspired by The Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood.
"And so I step up,into the darkness within;or else the light".
Offred, the protagonist of Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale is a reluctant rebel. Over the course of the book, she thinks about rebellion often but is too afraid of pain to act directly. Offred is a handmaid, a fertile woman assigned to a Commander of the dystopian Gilead regime to bear a child for the Commander and his wife. In this version of the future set in barely recognizable Boston, women are property, not even allowed to read. Offred’s rebellions are small at first, stealing butter to moisturize her skin and taking a dried out flower from an arrangement, but she eventually begins an affair with the chauffeur, Nick. As the novel ends, the secret police are coming to take her away, but she’s told by Nick that it’s the rebellion coming to help her escape. We do not know if Offred is rescued or sent to her death, but as she steps up into the van and her own uncertain future we can only hope for her safety. 

"And So I Step" is a Merlot glass fleck shimmer polish. I applied 3 light coats and a top coat. This polish applied smooth.
"Original Virtue"
Original Virtue, inspired by Oscar Wilde.
“Disobedience, in the eyes of anyone who has read history, is man's original virtue. It is through disobedience and rebellion that progress has been made.” 
Oscar Wilde is one of the original celebrity literary outlaws. Accused as a homosexual (which he most certainly was) by the father of his lover, Lord Alfred 'Bosie' Douglas, he sued for libel, but was clearly the one on trial himself.

"Original Virtue" is a pinkish coral glass fleck shimmer. This color is sheer. I applied 3 light coats but 4 coats is recommended for full opaqueness. I also applied 1 coat of a top coat.
"The Mad Ones"
The Mad Ones, inspired by On the Road by Jack Kerouac.
"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.
"On the Road is a largely autobiographical work that was based on the spontaneous road trips of Kerouac and his friends across mid-20th century America on a quest for meaning and belonging in a changing world.

"The Mad Ones" is a minty green holographic polish. I applied 3 light coats and a top coat
"Ether Binge"
Ether Binge, inspired by Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson.
"The trunk of the car looked like a mobile police narcotics lab. We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers . . . and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls"
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas chronicles (semi-autobiographically) the Las Vegas adventures of Raoul Duke and his attorney, Dr. Gonzo, as they chase the American Dream and ponder the failure of the 1960's counter cultural movement in a drug-fueled hallucination-filled haze.

"Ether Binge" is a shimmering aquamarine holo with blue-green glass fleck. I applied 3 light coats and a top coat. Just stunning!
"The Ultimate Outlaw"
The Ultimate Outlaw, inspired by Still Life with Woodpecker by Tom Robbins.
"Love is the ultimate outlaw. It just won't adhere to any rules. The most any of us can do is to sign on as its accomplice. Instead of vowing to honor and obey, maybe we should swear to aid and abet." 
Still Life with Woodpecker chronicles the love affair of two redheads, Bernard Mickey Wrangle, the outlaw bomber philosopher (who is insistent upon explaining the difference between an outlaw and a criminal) and Leigh-Cheri Furstenberg-Barcalona, the environmentalist princess. The two arrive separately in Hawaii for the Care Fest, a gathering of environmental leaders and environmentalists in general (she to participate, he to blow it up), and they meet and fall in love. One part fairy tale, one part philosophical treatise on aspects of love and how to make it stay, and one part an exploration of the boundary between self and other and what happens when you attempt to transcend those boundaries, this book attempts to answer many of the perplexities of life.

"The Ultimate Outlaw" is a sapphire blue holographic polish. This polish is one of my favorites out of the collection. I applied 2 light coats and a top coat.
"Everything You Love"
Everything You Love, inspired by The Color Purple by Alice Walker.
"Oh, she say. God love all them feelings. That’s some of the best stuff God did. And when you know God loves ‘em you enjoys ‘em a lot more. You can just relax, go with everything that’s going, and praise God by liking what you like.
God don’t think it dirty? I ast.
Naw, she say. God made it. Listen, God love everything you love—and a mess of stuff you don’t."
The Color Purple chronicles the struggle of several black women in rural Georgia in the first half of the twentieth century. Upon publication in 1982, the book generated tremendous controversy, instigating debates about black cultural representation. Critics complained that the novel reaffirmed old racist stereotypes and focused too heavily on sexism instead of addressing American racism. Feminists praised the book as a feminist fable of the power of strong female relationships and the idea that gender and sexuality are not as simple as we may believe. The heated disputes surrounding The Color Purple are a testimony to the resounding effects the work has had on cultural and racial discourse in the United States.

"Everything You Love" is a deep smoky lilac holo. I applied 3 light coats and a top coat. This color is really unique. I have not seen a holographic polish this color. It's really pretty in my opinion and it looks even more beautiful in person.
"Mysterious Irrevocable Sacred"
Mysterious Irrevocable Sacred, inspired by Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed.
"It was all unknown to me then, as I sat on that white bench on the day I finished my hike. Everything except the fact that I didn't have to know. That is was enough to trust that what I'd done was true. To understand its meaning without yet being able to say precisely what it was, like all those lines from The Dream of a Common Language that had run through my nights and days. To believe that I didn't need to reach with my bare hands anymore. To know that seeing the fish beneath the surface of the water was enough. That it was everything. It was my life - like all lives, mysterious and irrevocable and sacred. So very close, so very present, so very belonging to me.
How wild it was, to let it be."
Wild is Cheryl Strayed's first-person memoir of her 1,100-mile hike along the Pacific Crest Trail through California and Oregon to the border of Washington State. After Cheryl’s mother died, she spiraled down into heroin one night stands which led to the destruction of her marriage. After her divorce, with very little left to lose, she decided to embark on a challenging hike despite having very little experience, hoping to save her own life as she explored the wilderness.

"Mysterious Irrevocable Sacred" is a deep blurple holo with blue and purple glass fleck.I applied 2 light coats and a top coat. This color couldn't be more perfect. It has the brightest shine and sparkle. I have been wanting a blurple holographic polish for so long. I have even made a suggested to another indie brand to make a blurple holographic polish. I just love it so much and I can't stop looking at it. Its just perfection!! It just makes me gasp every-time I see it.
"Annabel Lee"
Annabel Lee, inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's poem of the same name.
"But our love it was stronger by far than the love
Of those who were older than we—
Of many far wiser than we—
And neither the angels in Heaven above
Nor the demons down under the sea
Can ever dissever my soul from the soul
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;

For the moon never beams, without bringing me dreams
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And the stars never rise, but I feel the bright eyes
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And so, all the night-tide, I lie down by the side
Of my darling—my darling—my life and my bride,
In her sepulchre there by the sea—
In her tomb by the sounding sea."
Edgar Allan Poe is the father of the modern horror genre and Annabel Lee is the last poem he completed before his death. Annabel Lee represents one of Poe’s favorite themes, the death of a young, beautiful woman. Poe’s fascination with love, death and insanity permeates all his works; his version of horror is a psychological one.

"Annabel Lee" is a grey crelly packed with holographic and iridescent micro-glitter and opalescent flakies. I applied 3 light coats and a top coat. I can not express how much I love this polish. It has everything.I love grey polishes and this one has tons of sparkle and beautiful flakes. You may not see tons of sparkle in my photos but this polish glistens when the light hits it.

The Ultimate Outlaw Collection is PERFECTION!! It is absolutely perfect!! I feel so honored to have been able to review this collection for Amy and be a part of her team. The formula and colors are smooth and beautiful. I hope you love this collection as much as I do. This collection will be launched tomorrow(March 26th at 9am MST).For more information be sure to check out Literary Lacquer's Facebook and other social media pages. I will post links below.

Thank You For Reading!!
Y'all Come Back!!
XOXO!!


























No comments:

Post a Comment