Monday, March 31, 2014

Daphine Polish/Spring Top Ten Collection:Disk 1 & Disk 2

Hello and Welcome!!
How was your weekend?I have had a great weekend and I feel great. I have been sick for the past two weeks and it feels good to be feeling myself again.Enough about me,I have something more exciting to talk to you about. Daphine Polish is about to release a HUGE collection called The Top Ten Collection-Spring 2014. This collection is a full collection of 10 beautiful blends that will be releasing April 4th. The names behind this collection were inspired by Joanne's favorite songs,so the polish names will be titles of the songs that she likes.Another thing is that this collection will be separated into Disks.There will be a Disk 1 and Disk 2.How much fun is that? Disk 1 will have five polishes and Disk 2 will have the remaining five.Lets check out this amazing collection shall we?

DISK 1
"Bad Moon Rising"
(Creedence Clearwater Revival)
Bad Moon Rising is a dark pink jelly with black and red holo hex glitters, black holo stars, and red holo moons.I applied 3 light coats and a top coat.This color is stunning and my favorite part of the polish is the black holo stars. What you don't see in the photos above is the black holo stars shifting. They actual shift to a rainbow of colors. It's absolutely stunning!Well here is a small example on the star shifting in the light.Take a look below.It is the star at the very top of my nail by my cuticle line.

"Fistful of Rain"
(Warren Zevon)
Fistful of Rain is a mint green crelly. It contains violet, turquoise, silver, and matte gray glitters, and violet holo dots.I applied 3 light coat and a top coat.
"Little Black Heart"
(Sister Hazel)
Little Black Heart is a gray crelly with a slight blue tint. It contains blue and silver hex, circle, & square glitters, black dots, and black hearts. I applied 3 light coats with a top coat. This is a beautiful color and is one of my favorites.
"All the Stars"
(Better Than Ezra)
All the Stars is a purple somewhere in between a jelly and a crelly with a hint of blue shimmer. It contains silver hex glitter, turquoise holo shreds, silver holo stars, and matte purple stars.I applied 3 light coats and a top coat.The shreds are something different for me but I really like them. I didn't have any issues with the shreds sticking up. If you do come across that problem I recommend using a couple layers of top coat or just simply tap it down with a nail tool or tooth pick.
"Drop in the Ocean"
(Michelle Branch)
Drop in the Ocean is a bright blue jelly with blue, turquoise, and silver holo hex and square glitter, light green matte dots, and turquoise hearts. I applied 4 light coats and a top coat. This formula is very thin and sheer so me applying 4 coats did not make it look thick on my nails. I love this color and the blue looks like the color of the ocean. I think Joanne made this color spot on.

DISK 2

"Cosmic Girl"
(Jamiroquai)
Cosmic Girl is a bright orange jelly-crelly hybrid. It has yellow, green, and pink neon glitters of all shapes and sizes, including stars. Some superfine holo glitter gives it that extra sparkle.I applied 3 light coats and a top coat. With this color being orange I was not sure that it would go with my skin tone since my skin has yellow tones in it. Boy was I wrong! This color looked amazing on me. This is another one of my favorites out of this collection, I just wish I had a black light to show off that neon glitter.
"Summer Skin"
(Death Cab for Cutie)
Summer Skin is a bright pink crelly with yellow, lavender, & violet hex glitters as well as violet dots in two sizes.I applied 3 light coats and a top coat. I LOVE this color. It is the perfect shade of pink and the added neon orange glitters makes it even better. I think the neon orange glitters makes this polish pop!It's perfection!
"Wallflower"
(Better Than Ezra)
Wallflower is a light purple crelly with purple hex, iridescent square, silver holo shred glitter, and light purple daisies.I applied 3 light coats with a top coat. I had absolutely no issues with the glitter. Everything applied smoothly.
"Something Going Round"
(Hanson)
Something Going Round is a powder blue crelly stuffed with dots! It has pink, blue, aqua, and lavender matte dots in two sizes as well as a dash of superfine holo glitter for some added sparkle.I applied 3 light coats and a top coat.
"Last Beautiful Girl"
(Matchbox Twenty)
Last Beautiful Girl is a light pink crelly with berry hex, silver and blue holo squares, and purple holo shred glitter.I applied 3 light coats and a top coat. I really like this polish too. I just love all the shapes and colors of the glitter,they go perfectly with the color of this polish.

This collection is so much fun!!! The colors and all the different shapes and types of glitters surprised me.They are absolutely flawless in my opinion.This is such an amazing collection and Joanne did an amazing job and I appreciate all of her hard work.She is very creative and I love everything she creates.This is a collection of 10 beautiful lacquers and you can expect for them to be available April 4th in Daphine Polishes shop.
Which colors are your favorite?Leave a comment below and share your thoughts!


Thanks for Reading!!

Y'all Come Back!!

XOXO!





































No comments:

Post a Comment