Monday, April 22, 2013

Tweets Polish Review



Hello everyone!! Happy Monday! I would like to share my honest opinion about a polish I have recently tried out. Over the weekend I have been reviewing this new polish that was released in Walmart. It is called Tweets:) .They are only sold in Walmart. Unfortunately they did not sell them in my Walmart so I had ask someone to purchase them for me and I bought them off of her. The polish cost $2.97 a piece. You can go to their website or ask them on Facebook to see if your Walmart carries them. Tweets come in 30 trendy colors. They also have unique names. They are all acronyms you would use in tweets which is very cute. The polish is 6.5 ml.

Tweets IS

  • water based
  • better for you
  • non-toxic
  • made in the USA
  • virtually odor free

with NO

  • Phthalates
  • Parabens
  • Formaldehyde
  • Glutens
  • Toluene
  • DBP
  • Animal Testing
The experience I had trying Tweets out over the weekend for the first time was Ok I guess you could say. A few things I had issues with was that the brush left lines on my nails. It could of been caused by the formula of the polish too. I applied top coat over the top which made the line less noticeable. I do think that the bottles are the cutest and the lids are unique and I like how the lids have ridges to give you some grip when opening the polish. Another issue I had was that the formula had not been mixed properly. I found some particles in the polish that felt sandy and it left a few bumps on my nails. I noticed some discoloration. 
For Example:
As you can see there is blue paint in the polish. I could not get it to mix in. This shows me that the formula was poorly prepared and not mixed completely . Beside that I love the colors and the design of the bottles and lid. I don't think I would pay $2.97 I would rather pay .99 cents a piece for them. To me that would be a reasonable price. The finishing look depends on the color of the polish and how you apply it. I bought 3 colors and I posted some pictures below to show you my finishing results. I have to say that it does look decent but its not my favorite.

This polish is called AFFA which means Angels Forever, Forever Angels. I love the color. Its a baby blue shade. I used 2 coats

2 Coats

In this picture you can see the particles I was talking about earlier that was in the hunter green polish.


This color is called ROFL. It is a reddish orange color. It to me looks like a metallic.ROFL means Rolling On The Floor Laughing. I applied 2 coats.

2 Coats



This polish is called YGTBKM which means You've Got To Be Kidding Me. In this picture if you look at my ring finger you can see the bump in the polish. This polish had many of those in the formula. I have no idea what they are. I do like the color.

I use 2 coats 



This polish is not for me but you might have a different experience with it. I may of had a bad batch. I dont think I would ever pay $2.97 for it again. Have you tried this polish yet? If so I would love to read about what you thought of it.

You can find their sites below

Tweets Polish Websitehttp://tweetscosmetics.com/



















1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer, I love your honest review. I think you should see if you can find a customer service email for the company and email them a link to the review. It is important that they know that their polish is being released in such bad shape. I am sure they would correct this non-blended problem if they knew about it :)-Glenda

    ReplyDelete