Friday, October 10, 2014

The Rebecca Collection by Literary Lacquers

Hello and Welcome!!

I have a new collection by Literary Lacquers to share with you. This collection is inspired by Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier.
Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier is a suspenseful novel told in the form of a flashback.This collection is dedicated to Rebecca.
This entire collection is available for purchase today,October 10th for only $35 or $12 individually.
Lets take a look below at this fab collection!!


Rebecca, Always Rebecca


“Rebecca, always Rebecca. Wherever I walked in Manderley, wherever I say, even in my thoughts and in my dreams, I met Rebecca. I knew her figure now, the long slim legs, the small and narrow feet…. I could guess her laughter and her smile. If I heard it, even among a thousand others, I should recognize her voice. Rebecca, always Rebecca. I should never be rid of Rebecca.”
In the novel, our unnamed narrator, a young girl known only to us as The Second Mrs. deWinter becomes obsessed with the supposed perfection of her husbands deceased first wife, Rebecca. She is constantly comparing herself to Rebecca and supposes that everyone that she meets in her new life is also comparing her unfavorably to the accomplished, beautiful and socially connected Rebecca who has been dead for less than a year.

Rebecca, Always Rebecca is an eggplant linear holo with holographic sparkle.
I applied 2 easy coats and a top coat. The formula and color are simply amazing.It applies really smooth with no drying issues.It's a stunning linear with a breathtaking sparkle!


Je Reviens


Je Reviens
The buoy was just opposite, about thirty feet away. There was something written on it. I craned my neck sideways to read the lettering. “Je Reviens.” What a funny name. Not like a boat… “Je Reviens” – “I come back.” Yes, I suppose it was quite a good name for a boat. Only it had not been right for that particular boat which would never come back again.
Rebecca was assumed to have drowned in her little sailboat, Je Reviens, despite being known as an excellent sailor. Je Reviens means I come back or I return, is it ironic that the boat is named such? Has the boat disappeared beneath the water for good or does the name herald future events?

Je Reviens is a deep teal linear holo with holographic sparkle.
I applied 2 light coats and a top coat.This color is one of my favorite colors ever. I think it looks so pretty with my skin tone.This polish has a smooth formula that made it super easy to apply onto my nails.I of course just LOVE that rainbow effect it puts off in the sunlight!!Don't you?


Shadow Between Us



Shadow Between Us
He put his hands over mine and looked into my face. “Rebecca has won,” he said.
I stared at him, my heart beating strangely, my hands suddenly cold beneath his hands.
“Her shadow between us all the time,” he said. “Her dammed shadow keeping us from one another. How could I hold you like this, my darling, my little love, with the fear always in my heart that this would happen? I remembered her eyes as she looked at me before she died. I remembered that slow treacherous smile.”
Has the shadow and specter of Rebecca and her death poisoned the potential for a happy life and marriage for Maxim and his young wife? In Manderley, the ancestral home of the de Winter’s her presence is felt everywhere. Her abandoned bedroom is the best room in the house. Her preferences are still observed. How can our young narrator ever hope to stand on her own in these circumstances?

Shadow Between Us is a smoky grey linear holo with holographic sparkle.
I applied 2 light coats followed by a top coat.This shade is another one of my favorites.Just like the other 2 polishes in this collection,it packs a sparkly punch. Unfortunately I did not get a chance to take this beauty out in the sunlight. The weather has been so unpredictable.One minute it's partly cloudy and then the next it looks like it's going to rain and the clouds eat the sun.This did apply smooth like the others. I didn't have any issues with this polish either.


Again this entire collection is available for purchase today,October 10th for only $35 or $12 individually.
I really love every shade in this collection!What are your thoughts?Which polish do you have to have or do you need the entire collection?
For more information on this collection be sure to check out all of Literary Lacquer's social media sites!The links are posted for you below!!



Thanks for Reading!!

Y'all Come Back!!

XOXO!!
























No comments:

Post a Comment